That's right, today is Friday the 13th. The day superstitious people fear the most. I'm sure you've heard of some of the most common superstitions: don't walk under ladders, don't let a black cat cross your path, if you spill salt you have to throw it over your left shoulder, etc. But what about other superstitions?
Because this blog focuses on audio and today is Friday the 13th, I thought it would be fun to see if there were some auditory rules to this superstition stuff.
Here's what I found:
- the sound of a bell drives away demons because they don't like the loud noise. However, to coin that famous holiday movie, when a bell rings, an angel gets it's wings.
- if you hear a dog howling in the night when someone in the house is sick, it's a bad omen.
- if you sing before seven, you will cry before eleven
- A dog that howls on New Year's Eve will go crazy before the end of the year.
- Don't look back if you hear footsteps behind you. It could be death.